Houses at Victoria Avenue School
On enrolment, pupils are placed in one of four school houses – Kowhai, Pohutukawa, Karaka and Koromiko. The house system encourages interaction between senior, middle and junior pupils and provides a platform for leadership skills to develop in our senior pupils as they take up “house captain” roles. Families are grouped in the same houses.
Staff members and House members meet twice a term to generate House spirit and to discuss and plan the different events and activities. Each student in each House is involved in co-operative / competitive sports, arts activities and special events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To help supervise house activities that may include Inter house competitions / challenges
- To assist a member of staff on his / her lunchtime duties
- To coordinate in the promotion and organisation of house teams
- To collate house points each even week and record totals
- To announce current house point totals fortnightly in assemblies
- Promote enthusiasm and good sportsmanship
- Display good manners and respect for others
- Ensuring relay teams are organised for Athletics Day
Meg Brew and Ethan Binstead
Olive Magness-Wignall and William Munro
The House Captains play an important role at our school.