in addition to weekly PE lessons with Mr Hemus, all students take part in school sports. This is organised in the Junior, Middle and Senior class team with the emphasis being on participation and fair play.
There are some additional sporting opportunities made available to Year 5 & 6 students which involve competing against other schools. These include:
- There are two Inter-school sports exchanges in term 1 on March 16th and March 30th, with teams selected to play cricket, T-Ball, touch rugby and tennis. All Year 5 & 6 students were given the opportunity to sign up for team trials at the beginning of the year. Teams are reviewed for each exchange however, while we endeavour to take as many teams as possible to sports exchanges this is dependent on how many teams other schools put forward.
- A highlight of the term is the Summer Field Day on April 13th.
Our school 3 & 4 Flippaball teams play on Sundays.
The netball season starts in term 2, information is sent out late in term 1 regarding registration for netball teams.
Codes of Conduct
Here are links for Codes of Conduct for participants, coaches, managers and supporters:
- Coach’s Code of Conduct
- Manager’s Code of Conduct
- Player’s Code of Conduct
- Supporter’s Code of Conduct
Netball and Information 2021
All players are welcome – no previous netball experience is required. Please take the time to read the following outline so that you understand the format that Auckland Netball operates and how we manage netball at our school.
All games are played at the AMI Auckland Netball Centre, St Johns. Year 3-6 teams play on Thursday afternoons, starting 20th May 2021
- Year 3 and 4 teams play a modified five-a-side game on 2/3 of a netball court and players play all positions
- Year 5 & 6 teams play a modified six-a-side format on the full court with players playing all positions
Further information can be found on the Auckland Netball website http://www.aucklandnetball.co.nz/netball/
We rely on parent volunteers to coach and manage our teams. Please indicate on the registration form whether you or someone you know would be able to provide assistance in either role throughout the season. If we are unable to locate coaches, some teams may not be able to compete and registration fees may have to be refunded.
We have some coaching courses coming up in April and May run by NNZ. If you’d like to go to these, please email us and we can sign you up electronically. These will be free of charge or the fees covered for our wonderful coaches.
Coaches arrange one weekly practice before or after school in consultation with the netball co-ordinators to achieve a workable timetable for all teams. Regular lunchtime practices cannot be accommodated due to space constraints. Coaches who wish to practice more than once per week will consult with parents of their players before making a decision.
Year 5 and 6 players will be committed to playing netball for Tuesday Winter Exchanges and will not be eligible for other Winter Exchange teams.
Codes of Conduct
VAS has codes of conduct for players, coaches, managers and spectators to which all participants in the sport are expected to adhere, see http://victoriaave.com/latest-sports-news/