The board values the school contributions that parents make each year and it is therefore important for every family to contribute to ensure we have enough funding for the additional opportunities we offer. These are tax deductible donations.
There are three parts to the contribution:
- $550 per child (less if your child has started part way through the year). These contributions mean that VAS is able to:
- Employ specialist teachers for PE, music, digital technologies (including robotics and coding), talented and gifted programmes
- Purchase PE and sport resources
- Purchase digital devices (iPads, Chromebooks, robotics resources)
- Purchase new books for the library
- Add to the planned building and refurbishment projects
- Ensure all children receive the best possible education we can give them
- A contribution towards activities (different contributions for each year level). The school incurs a number of direct expenses on behalf of each student:
- School trips, visiting artists, beach education etc.
- Mathletics and Mathseeds – online mathematics resources which can also be accessed from home
- Reading Eggs
- Waterwise (year 6 only)
- $16.00 per child ($4.00 each term) contribution towards the cost of paper which is used prolifically across all year levels through the photocopying of worksheets etc.
Stationery can be purchased online or at the retail outlet from Officemax. Alternatively, stationery can be purchased from a retail outlet of your choice.
How to order: go to www.myschool.co.nz/vas to order from the stationery lists, or visit the store at 32 Normanby Road, Mt Eden.
Each child will be issued with a statement of expenses and contributions. These expenses should be paid by 28 February 2020. You are able to make your payment through our online shop.
Click here for 2017 audited financial statements.
Click here for 2018 audited financial statements.